Human Resources Generalist
Organizational Development <> Best Practices <> Strategic Planning
An accomplished Human Resources Business Partner with proven expertise in policy and procedure, payroll creation, taxation, bookkeeping, recruiting and hiring practices, personnel development, retention approaches, legal compliance issues, managerial support, union avoidance, labor relations and negotiations. Background: 11% turnover reduction and a reduction in worker’s compensation expenses. Willing to travel and relocate.
Payroll & Benefits Implementation <> Policy Development <> Policy Administration <> Employee Relations
Contract Negotiations <> Arbitration <> Worker’s Compensation <> Complaint Resolution <> Peer Review
HD Smith, LLC, 2015 – Present
- Designed and implemented a functional regional wide payroll system for one of our subsidiaries, which resulted in an error free payroll.
- Streamlined 401(k) data collection submission while creating a new time mapping procedure for compliance testing, not limited to form 5500 and auditing submissions.
- Created a system for corporate/employee tax submissions for federal, state and local governments.
AonHewitt, LLC, 2012 – 2015
- Created new mapping procedures for two clients allowing a seamless implementation with the clients.
Paralegal &HR Services, 2006 – 2015
- Negotiated contract language and benefits adjustments at 17% under the amount authorized with contracted small boutique firms.
- Provided payroll, bookkeeping and staff accounting services for a total of 1000+ employees
- Reduced worker’s compensation costs by an average of 35% for contracted small boutique firms.
HD Smith, Springfield, IL
HR Regional Payroll & Benefit Specialist Oct. 2015 to Present
- My role is to build a common approach between Human Resources and a managed area, to reach the short term and long term stability of our organization. I am a Regional Business Partner, Payroll and Benefits specialist responsible for understanding the corporate role within HR; along with processes of inputs/outputs from the leaders to the HR department. Creating an environment that is friendly and cooperative, thus, this platform allows for the employees to feel personal contribution. I currently am tasked with assisting the accounting department with month end closing JE’s tax, corporate compliance and ethics with regards to overseeing assignment distribution; also, all payroll/benefit engagement.
AonHewitt, Lincolnshire, IL
Financial & HR Benefit Services – Oct. 2012 to Oct. 2015
- Provide corporate and personal consultation specializing within payroll/staff accounting (bookkeeping) human capital benefits; life & health, retirement (Defined Benefits - Pensions), investments (Defined Contributions - 401k, Roth 401k, 457, 403b), actuaries balance the potential and risks of retirement benefit programs; manage adverse outcomes through financial, fiduciary, and operational risk management.
Paralegal & HR Services, Chicago, IL
Paralegal/ HR Consultant—(2006 to 2015)
- Life and Health Insurance Sales. Provide a full range of human capital and talent management, time & attendance, insurance and retirement services and payroll services using ADP products PayEx, HR/B and Enterprise E-Time; from paralegal services Quality Assurance, Review and Update HR Laws and Regulations and financial/banking records to data entry of corporate financial ethics balance sheets, address all facts of employee recruitment, monitor and complete eligibility periods and benefits; follow-up on unemployment cases and responsible for EEOC cases; life & non-life insurance, negotiating contracts (land & civil), draft & prepare document appraisals (mortgage & corporate), financial documenting, reporting and review OSHA & RCRA; ethics resolve, compliance/risk services, review and audit service agreements, project management, use of ICD-9 and CPT codes, Medicare/Medicaid Billing, and Accounting Services including (AR/AP).
Gift of Hope Organ Procurement, Itasca, IL
African American Task Force Coordinator and Family Support Coordinator—Jan. 2008 to Apr. 2010
- Simplified compliance measures for organ procurement; assisted with local support events in African American communities; worked flexible hours with twenty-four hour on call responsibilities; I provided accounting services referencing that of both (AR/AP) using SAP software and managed multiple files.
Maryville Academy Residential Programs, Des Plaines, IL
Overnight Coordinator/ Program Manager—Sept. 2002 to Nov. 2007
- Managed and supervised programs, with emphasis on, analyze attendance for payroll and benefits involving staffing needs, interviewing, background checks, hiring, training, evaluations; Assisted with developing HR/B new compliance measures to control benefit cost and reduce risk; Maintained mandated rules within appropriate state and federal guidelines for FMLA and in coordination with corporate policies. Coordinated budgetary needs. Used HR/B, E-Time, PayEx, SAP, Lotus Notes, Outlook, all Microsoft Software, i.e., (Excel, Word), all Apple Software, i.e., (Pages, Key Note & Numbers).
State of Illinois/Chicago State University, Chicago, IL <> Police Officer—Oct. 1997 to Aug. 2002
Honorary Doctorate of Divinity
Saint Xavier University * Chicago, Illinois - Master of Public Health (MPH) / Master of Business (MBA)
Roosevelt University * Chicago, Illinois - ABA approved Paralegal Program
Chicago State University * Chicago, Illinois - Bachelor of Science and Presidential Scholar - Criminal Justice Major
US MILITARY RESERVE (ARMY)
State of Illinois Licensed Insurance Agent Producer (NPN# 16469116)
College Planning and Funding / Annuity / Hedge Fund Basics / Employee Health Benefits and Managed Care
Paralegal Cert. Roosevelt University / Six Sigma
Emergency Management Institute NIMS and NRP \ State of Illinois Certified Investigator and Gang Specialist